Monday, February 13, 2012

update as we prepare to head out

My, my, my, how time has gone by!
Today is Monday, February 13th, the last full day before our departure. The Lord has truly blessed us in leaving. A verse I shared in my last blog was, "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19 Little did I know when I wrote that how true His word would prove to be. How amazing it is to see God working through friends and family. If you are reading this, thank you! Pray for us! If you are supporting us in any way (monetarily, spiritually, etc), thank you! I am so thankful and humbled by what I've seen these past couple of weeks. You guys are truly amazing.
Just to give some examples of how God has directed our steps and made this whole thing possible:
1) I sold my car aka a huge piece of debt :)
2) an amazing couple adopted our 2 sponsored African children
3) another amazing couple offered to pay our phone bill while we were gone, allowing us to keep connected with you lovely people! :)
4) we have no debt! a feat that most people never accomplish!
5) our van is in great working condition, tuned up and ready to go thanks to Steve Kirkwood, our fanastic mechanic and good friend!
6) we saved about $600 on insurance for a whole year!
We were amazingly blessed in many other ways as well, but this is just to give you an idea of what has been going on in our lives.

So what now?

We are heading out in the afternoon tomorrow, (February 14th, 2012) stopping at the church first so the pastors can pray for us. What a blessing to have the support of others! Prayer is such a powerful, life changing tool! Use it!
From there we are headed out to Arizona. Our first stop will be Quartzsite, where we have to take care of a couple of old tickets. Please pray hard for this because we have a feeling that Marc might have to spend a few nights in jail to pay his debt to society, but if that is God's will then I know it is where he was supposed to be. He likes to say that he'll be like Paul, but I remind him that Paul was arrested for preaching the gospel, not failing to pay traffic tickets lol. From Quartzsite, we will continue east (slightly south) to Phoenix where we will stay with my beautiful mother. After that, God only knows. :)
But anyways, that is where we're at right now. We are working like crazy today to take care of last minute things, buying a gas can, snow chains, tidying up the van, etc.
*side note-I am totally not ready for kids! I swear I clean out the van almost everyday and it's still a mess lol. (no I'm not pregnant, don't ask) :)

Just a quick update for you :) stay tuned to see if Marc is going to start a ministry in jail :) haha.
Again, thank you for your prayers!!! And feel free to comment, call, text, whatever! We already miss so many of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment